Load Calibration for Load Sense
“Load sense” is likely a term you’ve been hearing more of lately. But, what is the primary purpose of load sense, and why does it matter when you’re operating a mobile elevating work platform (MEWP)?
For starters, the platform overload system is designed to prevent machine operation in the event the platform is overloaded.
A crucial note: Testing the platform overload system regularly is essential to safe machine operation. Continued use of an improperly operating platform overloading system could result in the system not sensing an overloaded platform condition. Machine stability could be compromised, resulting in the machine tipping over.
Want to see a write-up of how load sense works? Check out the related Genie® Aerial Pros™ Minute for a whiteboard session.
How do you leverage the safety benefits of load sense? Here are a couple of common questions we receive:
1) When do I have to calibrate the platform load sensing system?
Genie® MEWP specifications require that this procedure be performed annually or when the machine fails to lift the maximum rated load. Refer to the Service and Repair Manual of your model for additional information.
Need more manuals? Find them here: www.genielift.com/manuals
2) What’s the difference between a full load calibration and a zero load calibration?
- A zero load calibration shall be performed when the required weight for full load calibration is not available. Zero load calibration does not require rated load in the platform.
- It will re-calibrate the zero-load point without effecting a previous full load calibration.
- The platform load capacity will be reduced until a full load calibration has been performed.
- A full load calibration is required for rated load performance.
- Full load calibration has two steps requiring calibration with and without rated load in the platform.
Want to learn more about Genie equipment with load sense? Contact us!
We help you to get additional services related to the use of Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs). We assist you to find the right servicing and equipment! We also look into after-sales too. And that’s why we have a comprehensive parts and accessories department from nuts to engines.
We carry different brands, models, and years for the equipment. The equipment is of various years and models and can be refurbished inside-out to look and work as well as new. We provide quality parts and accessories that meet industrial safety standards.
Call +65 6861 6361 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to talk to our friendly salesperson. He can certainly help you find the right equipment to meet your budget and job requirements.